Thursday, January 27, 2011

So soon!

I can't believe it's almost here!  I've been talking about studying abroad in Africa for so long and I will be leaving in less than a week.  I'm almost finished buying everything and the pile is starting to overtake my room.  Here's a quick list of some of the required items:  sunscreen and bug spray (obviously), bandanas, a headlamp (for nighttime trips to the bathroom), a scrub brush (for doing my own laundry in a bucket, great), tupperware, baby wipes and pocket knives.  Clearly not your average study abroad experience.  Regardless, I'm pretty excited.  I'm going to miss the internet and warm showers and friends, but definitely not the cold weather!  Before long, I'll be living in a banda, my campus center will be the chumba, and I'll be speaking Swahili with the natives.  Oh yeah...and I'll be waking up to this: 
Wish me luck!

1 comment: